22 June 2007

I heart USPS

What a lovely set of things in my mailbox today.

First was a suspiciously large envelope from my homestudy agency. Yup, after griping about it just yesterday, I now hold in my hot little hands the official, notarized copies of my homestudy.

And, there was another envelope - from USCIS. YES!! It is my official notification that I have an appointment time to go get my fingerprints taken.

So, next Thursday morning, I'm playing hookey from work, and going to get my fingerprints done.

Woo hoo - feels like real progress here, people!

13 comments:

kate said...

Progress indeed! Well done, you!

Anonymous said...

I've found that the people who operate the fingerprinting detail (usually at my local police station) are so happy to be fingerprinting someone who is NOT inebriated, smelly and bellicose that they make it an easy. I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience. So glad the adoption process is really moving along!

C's Mom said...

Keep on keeping on girl!

Love the news.

Yeah So said...

Great news! Every day you are a little bit closer to Sprout!

Carrie said...

Now that is what i call a GOOD mail day!! Woo Hoo!!

Melissa said...

this news is fantastico!

Elle said...

Wow, your fingerprint appt. came fast. Ours took for evah. One step closer.

Anonymous said...

That was so SUPAH fast! I better kick Astrid out of her co-cleeper now--sounds like you'll need it sooner rather than later. I am SO happy things are moving so quickly!!!

Jenni said...

Definitely progress! Woo-hooo!

Deb said...

What a big step forward. You'll have that dossier over there before you know it.

Congratz!

Headmeister said...

What a two-fer! Congrats!

MB said...

I found your blog a couple of days ago and have been reading back to the beginning. I've known for a long time that I want to adopt internationally someday and have just recently started to think about what I need to do to get my life in order to make this possible. I've been doing lots of research and have signed up for an "International Adoption Info Meeting" in 2 weeks! yay! I can't wait until I'm at the point where it's time to get my fingerprints done! Congrats on reaching this step!!! And I with you lots of luck and speed in the next few stages!

Kate Merriman said...

Yahoo! When we dine on Friday, I will lift a glass of agua to your successful climb up Mount Home Study Beaurocracy! Now on to the next hill!