12 March 2007

sunny day

Well, it sure felt like California around here today. It was 80 degrees! Pretty nice. I took India for a walk, and then did a bunch of work around the house, which felt good.

Tomorrow, I meet with the trainer person at my new gym (yikes) - she's going to assign a trainer to work with me. I desparately need this, because I'm having a hell of a time with getting back into exercising. I have serious entropy issues.

But, having a few appoinments with a trainer will be great, because it will make me SHOW UP. Once I'm at the gym, I'm generally OK - it's just that I need help dragging my arse there. Accountibility is key - hate to say it, but it's true.

Oh! And I found my new workout shoes, after trying on many many many...

6 comments:

Maggie said...

Good for you. I'm still not brave enough to go to the gym. I love my NB shoes. My boss just bought a pair for me and they're awesome.

fatwonkkid said...

damn, i was happy today solely because it was above 40 degrees...

Headmeister said...

WOO HOO! Good for you! You have inspired me, and today I walked on my lunch break! Thank you for being my inspiration!

Jenni said...

Best of luck with the workout sessions! The right shoes can make all the difference. :) I've been trying to drag my butt out of bed to do some cardio every morning before the kids wake up. Like Maggie, I do not have the courage to go to the gym. Last time I went there were too many overly muscular, sweaty guys, and preening, leotard wearing girls. I was clearly WAY out of my league!

The warmer weather is nice, isn't it? I'm enjoying wearing flip-flops again!

Jay said...

I should probably get some new shoes too. I seem to spend an awful lot of time staring at my shoe laces.

C's Mom said...

Love the kicks...NB are great.

Gabby - hell, I'd settle for being in 1/10th of the shape that chick is!

All the best with the plan.

My newest way to motivate/punish myself is get on the scale at the office every morning.

Have fun with whatever activity you're doing..at least then you'll want to keep doing it ;0)