17 March 2007

connecting

Today I'm going to meet, for the first time in person, a new friend named Paige. Paige and her hubby are adopting from Ethiopia, too, and are about to go get their beautiful new daughter.

I'm really looking forward to knowing someone (relatively) close by who is going through this whole process ahead of me. And I can't wait to meet their daughter someday soon!

Paige encouraged me to come visit this weekend, so I can see their house in "before" mode, when it's still clean and presentable - a comment which made me quite confident that I'm going to really get along with this woman!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

You should post before and after pictures of her home. It is a huge difference. I know it is in our home.

kitchu said...

Hope it went well, can't wait to hear all about it!

C's Mom said...

Looking forward to hearing more :0)

Anonymous said...

I hope she didn't try to sell you Amway while you were there. Did she let you leave?

ferenge mama said...

Wow, Doris, you must be psychic. She DID try to make me buy Amway stuff. Also Tupperware. And candles.

And *man* that would have bugged the crap outta me if she hadn't been so damn gracious and lovely and funny and smart and nice. And shockingly together for being two days out from departure date.

maybe someday you'll get to meet her. :-)