first steps and inspiration
OK, yesterday after work I went in and joined the gym. I didn't work out, though. This was because I had already done my walk for the day. Yay!
So, today, I'm off to find some good workout shoes. I have some pretty ratty walking shoes that are worn out. I'm treating myself to new althetic shoes to use at the gym on the treadmill...
Oh, and I found inspiration.
People, if you don't already know her, meet Gabrielle Reece. I wanna be her (or maybe just a bit more like her).
She's 6 foot 3, a professional athlete, and a model. Married to the scorching hot Laird Hamilton.


She is big, she is strong, and she is gorgeous.
She makes no apologies for being big and strong (and smart), which I often feel the need to do. Outside magazine put her on the cover and called her the Ubergirl, which I love.
My favorite quote from her (so far!):
"I hope I just show women that it's OK to inhabit your own body. I'm not a rah-rah feminist. But it's important to me that people see you can be an athlete and be strong - and also be a girl." - Gabrielle Reece


4 comments:
Wow! What I'd give to have abs like that.... sigh.
Good luck with the workouts. I'm in the same boat. Need to lose weight and get in better shape.
She's beautiful, that's for sure.
Oh to have even 1/2 the body she does would be a HUGE improvement for me! She's beautiful, and I love the quote!
Hey we went to the same university, at the same time, and um, that's where the similarities end.
I would see her when I left astronomy a couple of days a week (a class next door?) She really is that lovely!
Hey, did you see, I'm leaving a week early? Maybe we can squeeze in a pre Astrid get-together this weekend.
Post a Comment