how to make the time go...
Great news!
I met with the hardwood floor guys at the new house, and they told me that, with the exception of some cosmetic issues, the floors were in really good shape.
Which means that I don't have to wait for a floor refinishing job to be done before I can move in. Which means I about about 18 days from sleeping in my new house!! I am so so ready to get in there and get settled, and get rolling on the homestudy. It is hard to wait.
Luckily, I have lots to keep me occupied in the coming weeks, and with so much going on, I hope the time will go quickly. My Mom is visiting for Christmas and we (my sister, my mom and i) are driving up tomorrow to stay with my nephews in the Sierra foothills (beautiful) for a few days. Then I'm coming back home for 2 days and then flying to Portland, OR, for a short visit with my friend Clare. Then flying back on New Year's Eve, then going to a wedding on New Year's Day (at the San Francisco Zoo!!). Then it's back to the grindstone on January 2nd.
By the time I'm done with all of that I'll have only about a week or so to wait until I can be in the new casa...
Guess I should get on the phone and try to schedule the movers...

4 comments:
Yikes you have a lot of ground to cover!
Enjoy the running and congrats on the new house
Have you seen this bib yet?
http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?sid=27319
Congratz on moving in so soon. Very excited for you.
Have a great time with your family. The wedding at the Zoo sounds like fun.
I'm glad. You can move in and get settled so you feel comfortable when you have the home visit portion of your home study. You won't have to have boxes and whatnot and tell the SW "This will be the living room... This will be my bedroom..."
New houses are so much fun. A blank canvas to create whatever you desire. Enjoy making yourself a "home".
Post a Comment