takedown alert
I've just found out that it is against Ethiopian policy/law (not sure which) to post pictures of orphans online. That means until she is officially mine (my case has passed court), it is not appropriate for me to post photos of the Sprout online.
Out of respect for the Ethiopian policy/law, I have removed her image - but don't you worry... the MINUTE she is legally my daughter, I will once again grace you with her beauty!!
In the meantime, just picture in your mind the sweetest, most adorable, most beautiful child you can imagine.
Got it? Yep, that's her.

8 comments:
Pictures are coming down all over the place!
I had wondered about the number of "pre-approved" pics up on so many blogs - I assumed the US had different agreements. My social worker told me not to publicly divulge the name/pictures of my daughter until she's officially mine. I wish your SW/agency had let you know that was the case sooner, but no worries.
I can still picture her cute, sproutiness!
yeah, I wish someone had told me! Now that I know, it scares the crap out of me that it could have negatively affected my adoption hearing in Ethiopian court. Yikes.
but at least y'all have seen her once, and God willing, you'll see her again before too long. :-)
Whew... I, obviously, didn't realize this rule either and I can't even imagine the pain this family is feeling. Glad to see that Sprout is now safely anonymous to the world, even if she remains a superstar to us!
I was just going to email you and everyone adopting from Ethiopia on my blogroll! I noticed on my statcounter that I had a visitor from Ethiopia. I am hoping that it was an innocent visitor or another PAP. But when I see people visiting my site from countries where we are adopting from, I get nervous.
Rules and regulations must be respected as long as they are there. If not the whole process will be disrupted.
Talking and much worst than that detailing about Ethnicity was the biggest mistake I never expected from any adopting parent. We Ethiopians know among us who is who just looking the face and observing behaviour not because of the place/region of someone's birth. The name of the region doesn't describe the Ethnicity of the people living there.
If you are talking about ethnicity and go further to the very detail, USA has more than thousands. In Europe many countries also have many hundreds if not thousands ethnic groups each. India many hundreds, Nigeria 500, Sudan 497, Cameron 250, Russia more 200, Tanzania 120. China, Indonesia and other countries also have large number of Ethnic groups.
Don't worry what happened in the past. You are a good person. Among the others Crosses on your past posting do show you also are a Christian that many of us like very much about.
Soon you will be united with your Habesha/Ethiopian America beautiful daughter.
it's true for russia. glad you're not in any trouble.
your little muffin's face is imprinted into my mind- don't worry! right next to my little muffiin's :)
Scary, isn't it? I knew you'd see the messages on the YGroups and play it safe. It's a shame that the agencies weren't telling their clients about this
Post a Comment