07 January 2008

Grandmothers Gone Wild

I think I have failed to report on my mother's reaction to my referral - and specifically, to the photos of the Sprout.

And, by that, I mean that I have neglected to mention that the woman has completely lost her mind. And the people in her (very) friendly (very) little town in Oregon are probably about ready to call the nice men in the white coats to take her away. But they are probably just too nice to do that.

She emailed me today to report that she printed out the photos of the Sprout (which are, as you have seen, very low-res) on her crappy home printer, and handed them out all over town - and I mean ALL over town. To the merchants in the stores she frequents. To people she just kind of knows.

She told me that the Curves (where she works out) would like a copy of the Sprout's photo to post on the wall. Yeah, like the Curves management team is DYING to post a random baby photo. I know who is dying to post that photo at Curves, and it's not Curves!

The woman has gone whacko. But in a nice way.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heheheheh... that's pretty cute. Even my mother, who had been unenthusiastic about the whole thing until there was a real kid in a photo, informed me that she needed a "better" picture because the one I emailed her didn't print out well enough. Sure ma, I'll hop on over to Ethiopia and snap a new one for you.

Posting at it Curves is a new twist though. :)

Carissa said...

That is too funny and absolutely amazing!

Stacie said...

Oh that's so cute! Just wait until your little Sprout gets home - that's when they REALLY start going crazy. :)

Anonymous said...

Ah yes. Your mother. The symptoms seem right on- mine has been doing the same!

My dad has joked that he's going to slip valium in her food soon LOL

Enjoy it! She certainly is...then again, you are quite secondary now. She's a GRANDMOTHER!!!! :)

Anne said...

My mom is still at it a year and a half later! Strap yourself in! :)

veggiemom said...

Gotta love a new grandma!
Kerri and Ruby

Michelle Smiles said...

My mother started accosting strangers in elevators with our referral photos. She is a little lower key now...if someone inquires, she will ask if they REALLY want to know and then whip out her photos.

kate said...

but it's crazy in such a NICE way!

hazel said...

How very sweet and wonderful. Such pure enthusiasm and love for you and baby Sprout. I'm honestly a little teary-eyed right now.

(She obviously didn't let your earlier potty mouth bother her!)

Tasha Kent said...

you've got to go to Kinkos and get a picture of Sprout printed on a few t-shirts for your mom! make sure each shirt has a cute and witty saying on it.

Tasha Kent said...

thought of one:
My daughter went to Ethiopia and all Ad dis (is) A baba named Sprout. And that's the best thing that ever happened to our lives!

okay, okay.. it was lame. but I tried.

Sarah and Tim said...

I think that's so wonderful!

Rachael said...

Just wait til she gets her hands on the actual kid!

Elle said...

When I gave my mother a photo of Alexander to show her our referral she immediately made me get in the car and we had to drive to the store so she could show every last employee. Even the meat guy. Oh I know crazy honey.

MB said...

bwahaha... that's so cute!!! :)

Annie said...

I am not at the point of a referral but I can't imagine how my mom will be....probably a lot like yours. I LOVE IT :) If I were at Curves, I'd want to post a picture of the Sprout, too :) I have seen your comments on Jocelyn's blog a lot but found my way to your blog another way....so HAPPY for your referral for your beautiful daughter. CONGRATS!! I'll defintely be following along now!

The Journey said...

Thats so adorable!

Tami said...

My mother will probably do the same thing!

C's Mom said...

That's the kind of whacko you just gotta love!