test your own racism
I would suggest that everyone who is adopting a child of another race - especially white folks adopting from Africa or adopting African-American children.
This test is really powerful - it tests your unconscious or innate preferences regarding either gender or race. (According to the results I got, I have a pretty good understanding of myself and my own implicit associations.)
You can find the Implicit Association Test here.

7 comments:
I was "no strong associations" on race,
and shamefully,
Moderate "association of MALE with Career and Female with family"
Possibly because I am frustrated with my job situation right now.
Or, I am June Cleaver.
Wow what a test!
where do you find all your tests? you have the pie, tree, and everything-under-the-sun tests (what kind of (blank) are you?) and this as well.
are you a testaholic?
That was a weird test. It seemed less like a test and more like they were training you to have a prejudice. Very odd. I came out with "Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between European American and African American." I'm glad to see that, but in this particular test I think the result should be more like "you failed to fall for our transparent conditioning."
Would you mind if I "stole" this and put it on my blog? I'll email you why!
I had a slight preference towards African American people!
Maybe I have a "slight preference for AA" because I see in them my children.
Love your blog BTW :)
Post a Comment