03 December 2007

Gillian Gibbons Pardoned


Hallelujah!

The President of Sudan has pardoned British teacher Gillian Gibbons, and she is safely on her way home.

(For anyone who doesn't know, she is a teacher in Khartoum, who allowed the students in her class to vote on the name of the class mascot, a teddy bear. The children voted for "Mohammed". She was subsequently arrested and charged with insulting Islam and inciting hatred. Craziness.)

Read more about it here.

7 comments:

Kerry said...

I was relieved to hear that,too. That poor woman. The 2 lawyers from the UK who traveled to Sudan did a great job at securing her release.

Handlyrics said...

Thanks for sharing. I wasnt aware of this story.

Chevella

Carissa said...

Wow I really needed to catch up! Congratulation on your weight loss! And when I read this story I am glad that she is returning to GB!

kate said...

Scary stuff, huh?

We've been asking (each other--no one official) if we still get paid for the remainder of our contracts if the political sich here gets nasty and we're evacuated.

Tasha Kent said...

I just don't get it.

Do people not see that the whole thing is idiotic????

Oh.. and it was the school secretary who reported it. Why doesn't someone do an expose' on her? I hope she got fired.

Anonymous said...

As I’m happy to see her free, I’m also deeply sad about the whole issues related to the Islam.

The oil money that the large portion of it comes from the west with 100th of billions dollar per year is used by the Arabs to spread Islam aggressively in poor countries. Ethiopia as a Christian country and geographically closed to the Arabs, was/is and will be the first target to make her an Islamic nation. They are paying about 1000 US per person to become a Muslim abandoning their Christian believe. For this reason, Islam grew in Ethiopia about 15 percent of the total population only the last 17 years. If it continues with this rate, Christians will be in the minority with in the coming few years.

Why the Arabs do all this? Because they believe, the whole world must accept Islam and live the way they do (implementing sharia to commit atrocities including marriage between cousins, having 4 wives the same time and so on).
I think US as a Christian nation knows that because of wrong Islam this world is facing very great dangers that never happened before including ww1 and 2. Europe is the one lacking behind in this regard. As a result Islam becomes the most visible religion the so called in the Christian Europe. More people are going to mosques than to churches in countries such as England, France, the Netherlands, Germany and the likes. It is not about religion but it is about the believers conduct. About 98% all conflicts, terrorist attacks, securities checks at Airports, stations and the likes world wide are the product of Islam. Yet, Europe is silently watching while it is undertaken by this kind of Islam financed by Arab nations with oil money comes from the west itself. Communism was regarded as bad while it principles was unity, equality and respect with in humanity. But Islam is in contra. it stands for sharia law and we know what does it mean. For this reason the world is heading towards very uncertain and frightening future because of Islam.

Calico Sky said...

Yes, I am thrilled, I'd asked people to pray on the blog. It's wonderful news!!