18/85
The wait continues. International adoption requires much patience. Make that much paperwork and patience. Actually, make that much paperwork, flexibility, and patience.
Feh.
It's been 18 weeks since my dossier has been in Ethiopia.
It's been 85 weeks since I started this adoption process.
I am growing tired of the waiting.
By now, I've told many people of my plans. And they ask me when they see me - "Any news?" "What's happening?" "When is the baby coming?"
I wish I could say something other than - "No news, and I have no idea." I mean, I really like it that they ask, and I am not annoyed at the questions. I'm just annoyed at the answer I have to give.
Last week I actually called the Program Director at Dove to tell her that I'm ready for my referral. Kind of as a joke. But not really.
I am ready.
Really.

12 comments:
Chou-Chou, I have no advice, no thoughts to give. Waiting is HARD, but you are not waiting alone. We are all waiting with you.
I totally agree! I LOVE that people ask (it hurts that some members of our families never do), but I hate always saying, "Nothing to report."
Glad you're enjoying What Is The What — great book, but very sad and intense!
So, any news??:-) Just kidding...I feel for you and am here supporting you!!
Oh, I remember that feeling. It's a total suck-fest and I'm not going to sugar-coat it. Just hang in there.
Haha, oh how I want to callo someone and say that! You are so funny! Hope you get a referral soon!
oh, I'm ready for you to have your referral too :)
Have they given you any estimation?
I sooooooooooo feel your impatience. I'm just READY. There's really not much else I can do...
Oh yeah, I've so been there. You're especially right about being frustrated by always having to give the "no news" answer when people ask about the adoption. It's crazy-making.
I hope the process will speed up now that the courts have re-opened and the bottle-neck of cases seems to be resolving. Hopefully you'll get a referral sooner than others have. It's so hard to wait!
Ginger couldn't have said it better!!! ... "I have no advice, no thoughts to give. Waiting is HARD, but you are not waiting alone. We are all waiting with you."
Um, you counting?
I know how painful that question can be! I used to say (with a smile): As soon as I know something, I'll be sure to offer up the info...
even though I was always glad when people asked! It's such a double edged sword.
Sending you very positive thoughts- one day closer.
You know what? I'm anxiously waiting on your good news too as I'm sure it will bring glad tidings for me not too far after - ha ha!
Doncha hate when they ask 'any news?' week after week and each time you say 'oh, I won't get a referral till next summer at least' (in my case) - how is that going to change in a week??? But hey, better that people are asking, I'm more annoyed when they don't...
Hang in there, sistah!
Post a Comment