one step forward...
OK, so the good news is that the fingerprint appointment went swimmingly. (Thank you all for your advice about over-moisturized hands. Turns out I was OK on that issue - by some miracle my skin moisture content appear to be optimal at the right time.)
I tell you, there is nothing like fingerprint compliments to make a girl feel pretty.
(In fact, the fingerprint dude was kind of excited to announce that I have an unusual double loop pattern in my right thumbprint. I'm pretty sure it means that I have some important karmic mission to accomplish during this lifetime. I hope it doesn't involve vampires. Or spiders.)
Anyway, so fingerprints are done. I get to check that one off the list.
Sadly, I realized that my passport is 8 months from expiring and I have to renew it NOW because the current backlog at the Passport office is ridiculous. Apparently, new passport applications are taking up to SIX MONTHS to be processed. (The new passport requirements at the Canada and Mexico borders have resulted in about a gajillion new passport applications all at once.)
I'm going to use an expediting company, which will help. But, it does mean that I have to add an item to the ol' to-do list.
Sigh.

6 comments:
the good thing about adding it to your list is you know you'll get to check it off shortly. send passport for renewal--check. it's like my friend who includes things like "breakfast" on his to do list. he just likes to color in the boxes (no checks for him).
Glad the fingerprinting went smoothly (pun intended). Maybe your important karmic double-loop is the path you're on now--the path to becoming a parent! I can't even find my passport, which means I get to declare it lost (somewhere in my cellar) and pay more money to do it all over. The expediter is a great idea!
It's great that you noticed the expiration date and are planning accordingly. I've known too many people who wait until the last minute to renew their passports, and then have a nasty rush right before they leave.
Glad the fingerprinting went well!
I LOVE the double loop .. can't help but agree with ginger on that one!!!... er: the passport I did check mine back when we talked about me being your fellow schlepper... and my one's good till 2014 : ) (had to get a new one for my last Ireland trip) in case you where (justifiably) concerned with my lack of organization : )
Hooray to prints behind you!
Keep on keepin' on :0)
Found your blog this morning, and enjoyed several entries while enjoying some peace and quiet before the kiddos get rolling. Especially loved your Q&A section. You should probably get some of those printed on a t-shirt when baby comes home!
Post a Comment