18 May 2007

Patience

My final homestudy visit was scheduled for today. The social worker was going to come to my house, which was freaking me out a bit, but I was also looking forward to having my homestudy done.

This is all in past tense, of course, because it didn't happen - my SW had to reschedule for NEXT Friday.  I'm bummed, but I can't really get too worked up about a one-week delay in a process that is taking about 1.5 to 2 years overall.

I did finish painting my hallway and finally built my Ikea dresser, though, both tasks which have been languishing for far too long.

Nothing like a deadline to motivate me to get stuff done!  Even a false one :-)

7 comments:

Deb said...

Bummer about the Home Study appointment being delayed, glad it was able to be rescheduled quickly.

Maggie said...

That is a bummer. But now you have an extra week to get your house clean! (Not saying that's necessary or anything.)

p.s. Did you know your name is at the bottom of your post?

ferenge mama said...

Thanks Maggie. I sent that post in by email (secretly pecking away at my crackberry during an endless meeting). Didn't realize signature line made it too.;-)

Anonymous said...

I was laying new flooring in my mudroom at 11 pm the night before my first homestudy visit... (all 3 were at my house!). Sucks about the delay... even if it is only a week, it's still frustrating!

C's Mom said...

Ugh! Next week it is.

Oh well, those deadlines work for me too.

Calico Sky said...

oooohhh I so hear ya! I now clean my house every sunday in preparation for Monday!!

Headmeister said...

It stinks that it was delayed - I know what that emotional build up feels like.... But good that you now have more time to relax, knowing that everything was ready already and you don't have anything to do for next week!