24 February 2007

Macy's VIP

Today, I met my friend Nicole at Macy's for a bit of shopping.

Nicole is - how to say? - a black belt maraton shopper. Lots of skills, lots of endurance. She can shop for hours and hours and hours. No fatigue settles in, no exasperation. And she finds good stuff - for herself, and for other people. If she could make a decent living at it, she'd be a professional shopper.

I, on the other hand, am more of a sprint shopper. I can do pretty well in short bursts, but I find it exhausting. It's like some kind of over-stimulation - I get the same way when I visit museums or art galleries. Love it, love it, love it, then I hit the wall.

Today, I did pretty well, and hung in for about 2 hours... a very long time for me. Got a couple of good basic skirts, and several blouses for work. Even got a little black dress which is definitly not for work, but would be fabulous if I ever go on a date again. :-)

Macy's treats Nicole like a goddess (as well they should). She has some kind of super -VIP Macy's credit card which causes the employees at the check-out to start genuflecting when she pulls it out. And, it comes with some killer benefits, like 20% off everything we bought today. We put my stuff and her stuff on the card to get the discount, which is very nice of her. I'm hoping the big bucks I spent in her name today counts toward her continued VIP status...

6 comments:

C's Mom said...

You're tough.

I can't hang with the all day shoppers anymore. I get too frustrated.

Kudos to contributing to your bud's kick butt shopping status though. Works for both of ya ;0)

Calico Sky said...

Just how do you get one of those cards?!

Well done you for making it through!

CA Momma said...

VIP status at Macy's.... gives me something to aspire to. What fun I could have!!

ferenge mama said...

Junieb - thanks for the link. The stuff on that site is SO adorable. I'm going to have to get me a "sprout" onesie or something...

Clare Carver said...

I don't want a macy's card I just want you and Nicole to just shop for me that sounds good to me... : ) you have ALWAYS found me the greatest finds!!

ferenge mama said...

JunieB - just sent you an email, but the short version is that I can buy direct from Parade... THANKS!!!