busy bee
ok, so i don't have much of an excuse for my lameness. have not posted in too long. my apologies to the throngs of avid fans who have checked this blog for updates, only to be crushed by the lack thereof. i'll try to make it up to both of you.
work got a bit nutty this week - the big boss announced a reorganization of my department which would have placed me in a much more visible and senior position. unfortunately, my existing work responsibilities would still be on my plate. so, that's my current full-time gig, plus a new and bigger full-time gig. last time i checked, 100% + 100% = 200%
while i was flattered, i'm no longer so driven by ego as to believe that it would be a good thing to sign up for a job that can't be done by one person. i'd rather do my somewhat smaller job well than do a very big job very poorly, and fail in a very public way.
so, this week there has been much negotiating, finagling, and political maneuvering, as i tried to figure out a way to re-scope my new position without giving the big boss the impression that i was rejecting his plan (or spurning the advancement of my career).
at the end of the week (today) we finally have resolution, and my immediate boss somehow spun it to the big boss so that the big boss thinks it is his own idea!! huzzah! i still have a bigger job that really necessary right now, but it's do-able.

6 comments:
so glad you are back was getting worried! Don't you love how women are sooooo good at making men think it was their idea :-)
I WAS wondering about you. Then again, maybe that was your idea ;0)
Good job!
That's the magic of making things work in business. Make all ideas sound like they came from the boss. Your direct supervisor has the got the touch.
(I used to have a manager that I had to spin everything like that with. To this day I wonder how he never saw through that tactic.)
Good to see you're back. I was starting to get the shakes ;)
Awesome! I know how that "political maneuvering" can be. Glad it all worked out. Gotta love when you can get the boss to think it's all his idea. (men!)
Hey Chooch - I jsut put a disclaimer on my post stating that if you get a pop-up ad, refresh the screen and it'll go away... try to vote again! Thanks!
Post a Comment