19 January 2007

R.I.P. Velda (AKA Mrs. Miller)

Velda, my sister's dog, died last night, after a long battle with cancer.

She lived a wonderful life, right up to the very end, and my sister was the most doting doggie mom ever.

(I've often thought that, if I were to be reincarnated, I'd like to come back as a dog, and I'd especially like to come back as a dog owned by my sister. )

"And many times I have thought that somewhere (who knows after all?) there may be a special paradise for the good dogs, the poor dogs, the dirty and lonely dogs, to reward so much courage, so much patience and labour." ~ Charles Baudelaire (1821 - 1867)

Velda, we will miss you.

1 comment:

C's Mom said...

Sorry to hear about Velda. It does sound like she had a pretty awesome life with sis. What more can a dog ask for?