membership has its privileges
Sorry I have been a bad blogger. (I have been battling a nasty-ass ugly ol' cold. feel like crud. bleh. but, after staying horizontal for most of Friday, then sleeping 15.5 hours last night, I believe I’ve turned a corner and am going to get better soon.)
I really want to be better because tomorrow (Sunday) is a big day... I’m officially becoming a member of my new church, St. A. I’m not sure exactly what the Pastor is going to do/say to mark the occasion during the service, but something.
I know I probably have to stand up in front of the whole congregation at some point. and I am pretty much horrified at the thought. and being sick makes it seem even more daunting. They are such lovely, welcoming people, so I know it shouldn't make me anxious, but it does. I hate being center of attention. There is a couple who are also becoming members tomorrow, so I won't be all by myself. (But of course, they are both perfect-looking and she is thin and glamorous and I feel like a big lumpy oaf next to her. I hate that I’m such a shallow person, and that I even care about that.)
But, other than the self-consciousnesses, I’m happy at the thought of being a member. I want to provide a spiritual community for my child, but also want one for myself! I am excited about moving into my new house next month, and having this church be a part of my life in my new home.

8 comments:
Feel better and get your beautious self out there in your new community!
Congratulations! I'm glad you found a church where you feel at home. (I wish I could do the same... but here I am on a Sunday morning being a heathen.)
Feel better!
Congratz on becoming a member. I'd feel the same way but it should just be a quick thing, I hope.
Sorry you've been sick.
Lots of pressure from a church. That is deep.
I'm sure it will be great!
Congratulations! There are so many similarities b/t us (both starting in Feb is a big one) b/c I too just recently found a Church that was really welcoming, and I felt at home and I too know that I want a place where my son or daughter can feel at home, loved, part of a community etc.
Congratulations Member!!!
Congrats on becoming a member of your church! I have hemmed and hawed over going back to church because I have such high standards. I think I'm just really hesitant because hubby is Catholic and I'm everything but Catholic (but still christian). I'd love to join a full gospel church and join their choir (that the music I love to sing) but hubby would NEVER go for it. So I just asked him the other day what he thought about me going without him and he was fine with the idea... I'd still like to fine a place we would both like though... Oh, and who cares about glamor gal! You're FABLUOUS!!! Go out there and WOW 'em! :)
when I see you, I see a radiating beauty, shinning star, with beauty (flawless skin, great features, perfect teeth), brains and a heart the size of Mars (isn't the largest planet?) - Helga
Post a Comment