post-turkey day
Word of the day: avoirdupois \av-uhr-duh-POIZ, noun:
1. Weight; heaviness; as, a person of much avoirdupois.
2. My personal state, after Thanksgiving dinner last night.
Whew - ate too much (of course), but it was a lovely dinner. I'm in Palm Springs to visit my stepmother, and the 75 degree weather makes it hard to remember it's really Thanksgiving. We had a lovely dinner at the house of some friends of hers, and today we'll stroll around and do some window shopping.
Update on the doggie: I'm sad to say that my guess was right - India does need the same surgery on the right knee that we did last year on the left knee. big bummer. And, the sooner the better, as she's really not using the leg now and I don't want her muscles to atrophy. So, I've scheduled her surgery for Monday. I love my vet, and am confident he'll do a good job again. Poor India has no idea what's coming, but I just have to remember that in a few months time she'll be able to run around again, which is what really makes her happy.

4 comments:
Happy belated turkey day!
I just got a chance (after a long week of Thanksgiving prep) to log onto the computer and look at blogs, instead of recipes!
I am so sorry about India! We had the same situation with our Neaka. She had torn her left ACL around New Years 2005, had a Facia Lata graft, escaped from us, 7 weeks post up, and ended up stretching the left collateral lateral ligament in the same knee. Got that repaired. Then December 9 2005 (almost a year ago) and 10 months post 1st surgery, tore her right ACL! I remember the day, it snowed, and our vet usually does surgeries on Friday (no appointments) but because of the snow, everyone cancelled, but we had an emergency, so we went in and had the surgery the same day! I didn't even have time to get upset over the money.
I know, it stinks right before Christmas, but unfortunately, these injuries on dogs over 30 lbs, do not heal on their own.
I feel for you!!!
Hugs to India!!!
Laura and Neaka
Awww! Best of luck with the pooch surgery. I'll be thinking of Ms. India.
Sorry to hear about India. I'm sure the surgery will go fine. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and praying it all goes well.
Poor puppy! I hope he gets better really quickly.
Hope you are having a wonderful time away. Speak soon.
Post a Comment