12 December 2007

Salut from Cannes!

Bonjour, mes amis!

I am writing from a tiny but charming room in the lovely Hotel Sofitel in Cannes, on the French Riviera.

This is the hotel, but you can't see my room - I didn't score a room with a view of the sea. :-)

It's a last-minute business trip which I kind didn't want to take, but now that I'm here, I'm pretty happy to be here.

The flight from Frankfurt to Nice was gorgeous - it was clear and sunny and the snow-covered Alps were really a sight to see. (And yes, I had lots more room in my airplane seat with my newly narrower ass, thankyouverymuch.)

I have a gross long day tomorrow (meetings starting at 6:30 a.m. and going ALL DAY) but Friday is a short day and I'm not flying back until Saturday. So Friday afternoon, I'm going to do some exploring of Cannes, and perhaps Nice or Grasse. Can't really afford to shop, as the Euro is CRAZY expensive. But walking around could be fun!

Any suggestions for things to see/do are most welcome.

And now, after a crazy day and a half of flying, je suis très fatigué.

I'm off to take a bath, iron my fancy lawyer suit for tomorrow's meetings, and hit the hay.

À demain!

5 comments:

Michelle Smiles said...

Oh so jealous! Enjoy!

hazel said...

Damn you.

No, seriously.

Oh, and take pictures, please.

Anonymous said...

Hazel beat me to it. Actually my reaction on reading the post title was more like "Are you effing kidding me??"

And I would skip the shopping and go for the sightseeing too!!

Carissa said...

Oh man girl I am TOTALLY jealous, work or not! Enjoy what you can!

SisterMom said...

Grasse is LOVELY!! You should check it out! Please mind the train schedule, the last train leaves pretty early!