the kindness of strangers
Today I met a very nice woman named Lisa who is adopting a beautiful baby girl from Guatemala. Her daughter is now 11 months old, so has grown out of some of the baby clothes that Lisa has.
And so she kindly gave them to me.
Added to the tremendous stuff that Paige has given me, I now have quite the pile of cutey clothes for Sprout!!
I love that this community of adopters is so generous. And I absolutely plan on passing my stuff down to someone who comes behind me.
Cheesy but true - I believe in that Pay it Forward stuff.

4 comments:
there is nothing cheesy about kindness and generosity. ;>
I agree with Kate. And one day you'll be handing down Sprout's stuff to another child.
Once I became a mom, I really got into the hand-me-down scene, especially with the baby-toddler stage. I've met people who have no interest in receiving these gently-used finds, and I can't believe it! There will be plenty of times you HAVE to buy new for your child (namely, the trip when all your luggage goes missing), so take all the used stuff you can find! :-)
If Lisa's stash was anything like mine, she was happy to share! We were given so many hand-me-overs and lovely gifts, it was a pleasure to send them forward. The nice thing about getting clothes from another family with darker-skinned children is that more of the clothes flatter too. Astrid looks devine in anything our friend Madison wore, but it's more hit or miss with things from her very blondey cousin. Just an additional side benefit, in my opinion.
By the way, the stash is getting big once more--Astrid Meklit has plenty more to pass on to darling Sprout.
Post a Comment