easter eggs
Remember how, back in 1997, some crafty Microsoft engineers hid an entire flight simulation game inside Excel and a pinball game inside of Microsoft Word?
Hidden (and usually fun!) features like this are called “easter eggs”.
Microsoft removed the easter eggs sometime in 2002, I think. (But if you still have Excel 97 or Word 97, here are the instructions on how to activate the games.)
On to modern easter eggs:
A little bird just told me that the latest version of Google Earth has a flight simulator.
You can fly through the Grand Canyon or the Himalayan Mountains! Very fun. (Plus, you can choose to fly an F-16 or a Cirrus SR-22.)
Just open it up and press CTRL-ALT-A to start your flight. (The help tool provides the keyboard commands.) This only works in version 4.2 of Google Earth - you can download it for free here.

2 comments:
I've heard of that one. I'm sure the trusty husband has found it by now.
While we were in CA the SIL's neighborhood was Googled. TH saw the Google car snapping photos.
wow you are a geek : ) that's why I love you of course!!! c
Post a Comment