I am a book geek

I embrace my book geekdom.
I *lurve* books. I acquire them with the enthusiam most girls reserve for Minalo Blahniks.
(Also, I hoard them, but I'm trying to get over that... )
Suffice to say, one of my top-10, grab-if-the-house-is-on-fire posessions is my (shorter) Oxford English Dictionary.
I am fortunate to be surround by folks who either (1) are similarly book-geeky, and the more the merrier! or (2) take lots of deep breaths and bear my outbursts of book-geek with stoicism and aplomb.
My fabulous sister (also a black-belt book geek) offered me my choice of several very fun things to do in celebration of my upcoming birthday.
(I'm turning 37 again. No comments, please.)
The one that really appeals is a workshop at the San Francisco Center for the Book (the very idea of such an institution makes me light-headed and giddy).
So, we're going to an all-day book binding/printing class the day after my birthday called "Nature Print Books with Hidden Openings".
Do I really know what a "nature print book" is? No.
Do I have any idea how (or why) one would put a hidden opening in to a nature print book? No.
Am I totally clueless about hand-binding and/or printing? Yes.
Do I really care? No. It's a book, isnt' it?
YAY!! I can't wait!

4 comments:
Oh dear friend, that would have me week at my knees with excitement!!!
When is the Birthday?????
I just updated - good news!! Whew!!
Me lurves a good book too. Miss that I don't have as much time for the old-fashioned way anymore. Most of my books come via iPod! Not quite the same.
Enjoy!
I do admit to owning more books than shoes. And we all know what a shoe whore I am.
Bookstores... drool... the bigger the better. You have to come up to Portland and go to Powells one day. You could get lost in there for the rest of your life. I'm not allowed in unless supervised.
Oh LOVE me some books! But I'm not a hoarder. There are very few books I keep after reading them - I would have to move out of my house to make room for them. I only hold onto a handful - either gifts or the rare book that I read over and over.
Post a Comment