07 March 2007

vegas, day 2 part 2

A quick post before retiring to report on two small successes here in the sequined city:

1. I made it out of the hotel.

Only had one hour free, so I didn't have time to go to the art gallery at the Bellagio, or do a couple of the other things that have been suggested and sounded fun. BUT, I did walk over to New York New York (savoring the fresh air on the way) and ate dinner over there. Then got to walk back - also in the fresh air. yay!

This photo is crap, but it proves i was outside... I am pleased.










2 . I stayed out and socialized. Which, for me, is a huge massive big (did I mention big?) thing. Went to a fun Pecha Kucha Night (which is a very cutting edge hip and happening cultural phenomenon, and therefore it is shocking that I know anything about it). It was totally packed, had awesome participants, and had an open bar. I had two "Pecha-tinis" - a cranberry/lime martini thingy. Yum!

Then, although I was definitely wanting to bail out and head back to my room, I stuck it out and hung out at Rouge, a (Yes! RED!) bar in the hotel, and got to know a few people better. It was kind of uncomfortable - can't say I was instantly liking the situation, but I did it.

So that's good.

(tries not to dislocate elbow as she pats herself on the back)

5 comments:

Yeah So said...

You go girl! So glad you did it. I remember hearing once "do one thing everyday that scares you". I try to remember that when I am outside my comfort zone. I am always proud of myself after I suck it up and just do it. Sounds like you are too!

Special K said...

We need to step out of our comfort zones every now and then. Life would be boring if we didn't.

Calico Sky said...

Stepping out of ones comfort zone is a good thing, makes us better able to 'read signs', trust our instincts and realize we can take care of ourselves!
Looks amazing!!!!!
Oooohhh I sooooo want to be there. What about an adoption reunion of single adopters in a few years time?! lol

Deb said...

You go girl! Sounds like you are enjoying it more than you thought. It's tough to talk to people you don't know I'm no good at it.

Clare Carver said...

YOU ROCK ... I wish I could have stepped out with you!! getting the hair tamed was worth it : )sounds liek you did some pretty fun stuff!!! xoxox