01 December 2006

Godlies

One of the greatest blessings in my life has been the constant loving presence of the Godlies.

They are not officially my Godparents - they were officially the Godparents of my sister Margaret. But in typical generous fashion they extended that relationship to me and to my other sister, so that all three of us girls had a Godparent/Godchild relationship, with them.  We are all "Godlies" as Mrs. Godlie is fond of calling us.

I went to dinner with the Godlies tonight, and told then about my plans to adopt Sprout, and they were - of course - totally supportive and geniunely happy

And I asked them if they would be Godlies to Sprout, too.  I know there is no real precedent for naming someone as a GodGrandParent, but that is what I would like the Godlies to be for my child.

I already have plans for Godparents and have established a plan for the day-to-day care of Sprout should I get hit by a bus and leave Sprout parentless. 

But Sprout is going to be a little thin in the Grandparent department, especially since my mom and step-mother both live far away.
 
So, I'm thrilled and grateful to report that the Godlies told me they would be happy to be GrandGodlies to Sprout. How lucky my child will be! 

And I am feeling very lucky myself.

5 comments:

C's Mom said...

Great news! Doens't it feel so great when family is on-board and supportive?!?!

Anonymous said...

That's great.

btw - I couldn't be more thrilled that you have a sister named Margaret. When I introduce my self to people there are usually two comments. First, "what do you go by?" (Umm... Margaret, which is why I just introduced myself as that.) Second, "Oh, my grandmother's name is Margaret." There don't seem to be many people under the age of 80 who are named Margaret!

Calico Sky said...

How wonderful! It is always great that have people of all generations supporting you!

Laura said...

How sweet!
Laura

Anonymous said...

Im your secret blog pal ;)

and I LOVE GO FUG YOURSELF as well.

Ever check out perez hilton?

B-Pal