the things people say, part 2 [updated]
So yesterday I told you my quote of the day from day one of the seminar.
Quote of the day from day 2:
"I'm sorry, but I have to pumpkin. Gotta be in another meeting in 10 minutes."
The guy actually said, to a room full of grown-ups, that he had to PUMPKIN.
Pumpkin, as a verb. [updated to clarify: meaning to leave with some urgency, before one turns into a pumpkin. (yeah, i know, quite a stretch!)]
I sat there with my jaw dropped for a good 5 minutes after he left.

8 comments:
What exactly does pumpkin mean as a verb?
WTF?
It doesn't even make sense if he used it as a rhyming slang substitute, does it?
Is it bad that I knew what that meant before you explained it?? I swear I have never used it though.
i think this def qualifies as trying-too-hard-to-be-cool. so not.
AND, wouldn't it mean exactly the opposite? i mean, if you're coach turns into a pumpkin, you've left too late. so, "to pumpkin" is to leave late. please explain this to him as i'm sure he will be SO interested. ;>
I'm with Haze...WTF? It's funny though...I think I'll use it today and see what someone says when I use it. LOL
I make stuff up all the time but even I don't go that far out on a limb!
Phew, thx for the definition. Next question: This was an ADULT male saying this? He must have kids. LOL.
Post a Comment